For many Americans, dry, brittle nails are a fact of life. Nails, which are made up of layers of a protein called keratin, protect the fingers and toes. Keratin, which is found in hair and skin cells, protects them from injury.
So, what can you do about split, peeling, or broken nails? Sea moss might be the solution to these problems.
What Causes Brittle Nails?
Each layer of your nail is made up of an epithelium, consisting of cells that produce keratin, which is responsible for the formation of the nail. The matrix and nail bed are also components of the nail that lie beneath the actual nail.
Some of the variables that can cause brittle nails include:
- Iron deficiency – Iron plays a vital role in the ability of the body to produce more red blood cells and the cells that produce keratin.
- Diets low in biotin – Biotin is a vitamin that helps the body convert carbohydrates into energy and produce fatty acids and amino acids.
- Medications – Certain medications, including anti-seizure medication, antidepressants, and some cancer medications, can also cause brittle nails.
- Lack of hydration – If you are not drinking enough water, you may lack the water your body needs to produce keratin.
- Diets low in Zinc – Zinc helps the body to heal wounds and helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Autoimmune diseases – Thyroid disease, lupus, and alopecia are some examples of autoimmune diseases.
- Parasites and the disease they carry – Trypanosomes, common in the world's tropical areas, can cause a disease known as sleeping sickness. They can also cause an inflammation of the nerves, resulting in the loss of sensation in the hands and feet.
Sea Moss Remedy for Nail Health
There is an abundance of commercial products and drugs available to improve nail health.
Sea moss is among those that tend to attract people looking for a drug-free solution. This microalgae is native to the Atlantic Ocean and contains a large amount of colin, which affects dry and brittle nails. Sea moss is loaded with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and trace elements. Sea moss is not a moss but brown algae found worldwide. It is harvested from the sea and is available in tablet, capsule, and powder form.
The use of sea moss is widespread among the Chinese, and the Koreans have used it since the 6th century. Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners value sea moss as a source of nutrition, with sea moss said to benefit both internal and external health.
Sea moss contains a natural chemical called fucoidan, which helps slow the growth of cancer cells. Fucoidan is also used as an anti-inflammatory and a factor in helping to prevent the hardening of the arteries.
If you are looking for a natural approach to improving your nails, sea moss may be the answer. Sea moss is readily available in most health food stores and online. Sea moss is an all-natural product, making it preferable for those who prefer to avoid synthetic drugs.
If you're looking for a place to buy Sea Moss, Plant Based Jeff is the solution. We provide various Sea Moss products, from dried Sea Moss in packs to sea moss capsules and sea moss gummies. We also offer fast shipping on our products. Check out our products today and experience the benefits of Sea Moss tomorrow.