Sea moss is a red alga growing in the cold, shallow waters of the Atlantic Ocean. It's a popular ingredient in many health food recipes, including sea moss tea and gel.
Sea moss is an excellent source of many minerals, including iodine, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and selenium. It's also a source of alginate, a soluble fiber that can help promote gut health.
Making sea moss tea and gel from scratch is easy and requires only a few simple ingredients. It can store the finished product in the fridge for up to a week, making it a great approach to get your daily dose of sea moss.
Here's a quick guide to making healthy sea moss tea and gel from scratch.
How to Make Sea Moss Tea
Sea moss tea is a healthy and delicious way to appreciate the benefits of sea moss. This superfood is packed with nutrients and has a host of health benefits. Drinking sea moss tea is a great option to improve your health and well-being.
Here's how to make sea moss tea:
- Start by simmering two cups of water.
- Add 1/4 cup of dried sea moss to the water and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove the sea moss and add it to a blender with two cups of water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended sea moss into a pot and add two cups of boiling water. Let it steep for five to ten minutes.
- Strain the tea and enjoy the tea as you add a sweetener if desired. You can also add other ingredients like lemon juice or ginger for additional flavor.
Sea moss tea is an excellent means to get your constant dose of this superfood. Drinking it regularly can help improve your health in many ways.
How to Make Sea Moss Gel
If you’re looking for a nutrient-rich superfood that can help improve your gut, skin, and more, look no further than sea moss gel!
Made from dried and powdered sea moss, this thick, gelatinous substance is full of vitamins, minerals, and other health-promoting compounds that offer a wide range of sea moss gel benefits.
Here’s a step-by-step manual on how to make sea moss gel at home:
- Start with 1 cup of dried sea moss. Soak the dried sea moss in a bowl of filtered water for 24 hours or until it has softened and rehydrated.
- Wash the sea moss several times to remove any dirt or debris.
- Place the sea moss in a blender or food processor with 1 cup of spring water. Blend until the blend is smooth and creamy.
- Store in a glass jar or container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
You can enjoy sea moss gel as a facial mask, in recipes that call for gelatin, or as a thickener for your soups and sauces. You can also add it to smoothies or juices to boost nutrients.
Sea moss tea and gel are healthy options, providing many essential vitamins and minerals. They are easy to make at home and only require simple ingredients. Follow the instructions in this article to make your own healthy sea moss tea and gel, and enjoy the benefits of this superfood!
If you're looking for a fantastic plant-based coach to help you transition to a healthier lifestyle, look no further than Plant Based Jeff. We are experts on all things plant-based and can help you make the switch effortlessly. Plant Based Jeff is also the top dried sea moss provider, so you know you're getting the best quality product possible. Get yours today to start your journey to optimal health and enjoy many sea moss gel benefits!